IMPEX Lawyers & Advisers manage entrepreneurs and SMEs to succeed in local and global markets.
We help clients participate in global business whilst being mindful of international trade and investment law issues.
Our goal is to help producers of goods and services, exporters and importers, investors and investees, conduct their business using the most effective online and traditional (offline) methods available.
We achieve our goal through the experience and expertise of our local and global networks.
We guide clients at various stages of their international business cycle including:
- Drafting & negotiating International commercial contracts
- Customs law relating to the import and export of goods
- Dealings with the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
- International disputes, arbitration, mediation & settlement
- Trade Finance
- Import/Export due diligence, facilitation & negotiation- including online B2B marketplace/exchanges
- Joint Ventures, business partner profiling, matching and structuring
- Cross border debt/equity transactions
- World Trade Organisation (WTO), Multilateral and Bilateral Free Trade Agreements
- Liaison with Australian (AUSTRADE) and foreign government trade & investment departments
- State & Federal Government assistance schemes for Australian manufacturers and exporters including Export Market Development Grants (EMDG) and export finance/insurance (EFIC).
International Trade & Investment Facilitation
International trade and investment partner matching is a significant practice area. We assist clients to buy and sell online through B2B e-markets and exchanges (eg. Alibaba) or offline through traditional import/export negotiations and channels.
Conceptually like a dating service for business purposes, we screen our clients, understand their corporate profile, identify their strengths and shortfalls all the while focusing on the characteristics of their ideal long term partner. Once understood, we use a top down funnel approach to narrow down a select few candidates that fit our clients desired business criteria using O2O techniques wherever possible. Once the best candidates are found we bring the parties together and assist with the formalities of contracting and maximising the arrangements- networking networks in local and global markets.
Everything you need to compete in overseas markets- Act local- Go Global.
Contact us to find out more or to arrange a 1st free consultation.